Sunday, April 22, 2012

Life Just Keeps Getting Better!

On Wednesday, March 28th our life forever changed again.  I was on my way to pick up Zachary to take him to Speech Therapy when I checked my emails at a stoplight.  There was an email from Kim at Great Wall.  I didn't get a chance to read it all, but I knew what it said.  I called her immediately and she informed me that there was a little girl that might be a perfect fit for our family.  I told her to SEND THE FILE!!! 

I didn't have Tom's phone number at work in my cell phone (have to get that added), I had to take Zachary to therapy and knew that I wouldn't be able to open a zip file on my phone and I was crying like a crazy person.  I sent Tom an email and told him to call me immediately.  When my phone rang, I just remember saying, "We got matched!  We got matched!  We got matched!"

I forwarded Tom the file and had him read it to me, extract her picture from the zip file and email it to me on my phone.  Then I fell in love....totally in love.  I was sitting in the therapist's office staring at a photo of my daughter and falling completely in love.

She is beautiful and her name is going to be Emma Chen Oerter.  We will be holding her in our arms by the end of the year.  And so our journey to our daughter begins......

No comments:

Post a Comment